The new drama Great Seducer has received a low audience rating of 2% within just 2 days of airing its first show.
According to Nielsen Korea, episode 3 and 4 received a nationwide rating of 3.1% and 2.7% respectively. Compared to previous episodes (3.6% and 3.4%), figures have continually dropped.
In addition, Great Seducer was the lowest ratings in its timeslot, which competed with episode 15 and 16 of Should We Kiss First? reaching 8.5% and 10.9% respectively. Radio Romance has steadily maintained its 2.9% audience rating.
Meanwhile, some netizens have been expressing their views on the results, blaming Red Velvet’s Joy for the low figures.
- “Please stop giving roles to idols”
- “The leading female character’s acting was awkward.”
- “Joy needs more practice”
- “I’ve never seen a high audience rating on a drama that stars Joy…The content is lame too, but some people don’t even bother to watch dramas if they star idols.”
- “I don’t want to watch dramas with idols in them cause I can’t focus.”
- “I wonder who keeps helping Joy get the leading roles…anyone can see she lacks in the acting department”
Joy plays the role of Eun Tae Hee, a 20-year-old student who has a fierce temper and thinks that the most pathetic thing ever is falling in love.
But time will tell how the drama concludes as it’s well known for idol-actors to act better and better as the show progresses!