AOA has been accused of doing manipulating their album sales after netizens noticed a sudden increase of over 50% in the group’s sales for June 26th.
Netizens have been pointing fingers and shaking their heads at the sudden drastic increase of AOA’s album sales during their 5th day of sales. The sales were as follows:
June 22 – 800
June 23 – 1,500
June 24 – 1,400
June 25 – 3,400
June 26 – 7,300
Total – 14,000
Netizens are particularly wary about these sales numbers because as of last year, the total number of sales for AOA albums within the first few days of their releases only came to around 5,000. In addition, their offline sales were less than 500.
Comments left on the site included:
— In the morning, 3,000 were sold and in the evening, another 3,000 were sold
2. To sell 7,000, a boy group has to hold a fansign ㅋㅋ
— True. EXO’s sales are no joke but they sell 9,000 when they hold a fansign
— Indeed ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Recent fansign of SHINee sold 8,000
3. But AOA is having a fansign
— But fansign sales count as offline
4. I guess their Japanese fandom is bulk buying. I heard that more than 30,000 are being sold in Japan
— Other groups have bigger Japanese fandoms though, like Apink. But Apink didn’t even sell 3,000 at once and there was no bulk buying. If there was, they would’ve provided a receipt.
5. There are so many sajaegis these days
6. What does that make other singers…
7. Isn’t FNC a listed company?
8. Listed companies don’t pay tax and do all sorts of stuff… As long as they don’t get caught
9. They should get rid of winning #1 system. It’s getting more and more dirtier