It’s hard to believe that 2018 is at an end and that it’s the start of a new year but it is, and EXO‘s 2018 has been filled with a whole bunch of outstanding accomplishments. While it would take forever to list them all, here are 20 amazing accomplishments that EXO had in 2018 in no particular order!
1. The year started off with EXO taking home the first Music Bank trophy of 2018 with “Universe”
2. And the last Music Bank win of the year!
Since KBS Gayo Daechukje lines up with the normal schedule for it, KBS announced the winner based on the ranking from Music Bank‘s K-charts and the winner was EXO’s “Love Shot”!
3. On January 26, “Power” became the first K-Pop song to play at the Dubai Fountain at Burj Khalifa Lake and almost all of the members were there to witness it!
4. In February, they gave a stunning performance at the 2018 Pyeongchang Olympics
5. And Baekhyun sang South Korea’s national anthem at the opening ceremony of the International Olympic Committee general assembly.
6. In April, one subway line got transformed into Xiumin’s subway
7. Around the same time, Sehun had a whole page feature in the New York Times
8. The group earned the title “Nation’s Pick”
They were appointed as Korean Tourism Ambassadors for 2018 by the Korean Tourism Organization in July.
9. In July, EXO lit up the sky when they became the first Korean act to be featured on the Burj Khalifa
— Burj Khalifa (@BurjKhalifa) July 14, 2018
10. The group’s first full-length Japanese album was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of Japan only ten days after it’s release.
11. EXO and EXO-Ls celebrated their 6th anniversary together this year
12. EXO received nine official commemorative medals honoring them for their contributions to the global spread of Korean culture.
13. Baekhyun’s “Prive by BBH“ clothing line dropped and was immediately sold out
But not before the website crashed a couple of times due to all the traffic! Baekhyun’s power!
14. In July, Suho returned to the theatre in “The Man Who Laughs” and in December he took home the “Best Male Musical Rookie Award” at the 2018 Stagetalk Audience Choice Awards for his role!
15. Lay made his U.S. debut in October and released his second studio album “Namanana”
16. “Tempo” was released featuring all 9 members and quickly topped charts while setting a new record.
Even before the live broadcast of their comeback showcase, it received one billion hearts. With almost 2 billion hearts and more than 6 million views, it also became the highest viewed showcase livestream!
17. Kai’s “Tempo” fancam went majorly viral
To date, it has over 1,423,000 views!
18. And so did his performance at SBS‘s Gayo Daejeon
19. Chanyeol and Kai’s epic dance break at Gayo Daechukje tickled everyone’s funny bone
20. And “Love Shot” has pretty much been trending online since it’s release!
Now the question is, will Chanyeol’s 2019 start…
throwback to when chanyeol started off his new year with a punch in the face by sehun ㅋㅋㅋ pic.twitter.com/B1uqAKPavE
— 내 마음을 훔친 범인은 바로 세훈 🎩🔎 (@milkteu) December 31, 2018
And end the way 2018 did?
For more amazing accomplishments by EXO, check out this list of amazing things that EXO from their comeback in 2017 to their “Tempo” release!