On June 26, BLACKPINK came back with a brand new song called “How You Like That”. The music video is a visual banquet filled with sparkling details and possible references to past works. Here are 10+ things you might have missed!
1. The beginning pose looks like the ending pose from “DDU-DU DDU-DU”
2. Jennie channeling her White Swan/Black Swan aesthetic from “Kill This Love”
3. Could the scars/scratches on Rosé…
…be from this accident in “Kill This Love?”
4. What if Jisoo’s broken wall is on the other side…
…of this one?
5. The similarities between the layouts from “How You Like That” and “Kill This Love”
6. The “romantic sweet” text behind Lisa (far left) that could be referencing the cereal boxes from “Kill This Love”
7. This throwback to Jisoo’s umbrella in “DDU-DU DDU-DU”
8. Jisoo’s seven deadly sins tattoos
9. Queen Lisa on her “Whistle” throne
10. The Trojan horses that carried in the backup dancers, aka BLACKPINKs troops
11. The plants from “Whistle” that bloomed into a garden